Healing Newtown Through
the Power of the Arts
Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control, effective Wednesday, May 22, 2013 the HealingNewtown Art space will close it's doors at 5 Queen Street, Newtown. However, the Newtown Cultural Arts Commission will continue this important work. Programs and workshops will be scheduled at various locations throughout Newtown. During this transition, an aggressive effort is being made to find a suitable and more permanent home for the HealingNewtown Art Space to continue what we’ve started. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will post updates about the HealingNewtown Art Space as it develops, so check back often!
Don’t forget to check the calendar for new locations of the programs and workshops being offered!
We would like to thank the following groups for their recent activities to support us.
- I DJ NOW - Not only is Robert Marsh and his company, I DJ NOW, supporting us with a wonderful donation of sound and lighting equipment but they are also selling special limited edition t-shirts to raise money for us at: HealingNewtown Charitable Donation Gift T-Shirt
- Rush Order Tees who are generously donating us shirts with our logo on for us to sell to help raise money for our activities! Click on their name to check them out or visit the on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rushordertees
- Women of Wellness who raised over $3,000 for us!
- The Giggling Pig art studio in Shelton CT.
Note: For anyone taking our workshops and classes or attending an event, you need to register for each individual event, and for each individual session of a multi-day event through our calendar.
Newtown and the Sandy Hook Community are deeply appreciative of the outpouring of love, support and generosity from our fellow citizens locally, regionally, nationally and worldwide.
In the wake of December 14th, HealingNewtown was created to facilitate, support, and coordinate all arts-focused efforts made on Newtown’s behalf today, tomorrow and into the future. The project is managed by the Newtown Cultural Arts Commission and supported by The Town of Newtown, The Cultural Alliance of Western CT and The Connecticut Office of the Arts.
As Newtown and the Sandy Hook Community work through the many stages of healing we invite you to visit this site often to learn how you can help and how to become part of our arts healing process.
1. To manage and program arts healing efforts;
2. Coordinate the overwhelming response from the national and international arts community in regards to the tragedy;
3. To develop a sustainable operation for long-term healing through arts-based efforts.
Any person or corporation interested in sponsoring HealingNewtown (a 501c3 tax-exempt charity) please contact Robert Rabinowitz at email@example.com
Interested in donating artwork, programs, something else?
Click Here .
More Information: Email info@HealingNewtown.org